Saturday, April 10, 2010

Review: Airhead



Reading... it does a mind good!


Research shows that the more you read, the more you know.
Title: Airhead
Author: Meg Cabot


From GoodRead, "Emerson Watts, 16 and female, loves playing video games, hanging out with her best friend, Christopher, and has made peace with her less-than-supermodel-esque looks. But when she's involved in a mysterious accident, she wakes up to find she's now in the body of...a supermodel. Who was behind this switch? What was the motive? And how can she get Christopher to realize she's still the same person inside?"


     This book had an interesting premise and one that I haven't seen in a book for awhile.  It reminded me somewhat of a book that I read and loved as a kid, Freaky Friday. I have read several of Meg Cabot's books, and am a fan of her writing style.  It is very conversational, which makes the reader feel a part of the characters and the plot.  All of her books are witty and fun and this one is no exception.  I loved the character of Emerson Watts and loved it when she got a chance to live someone else's life.  Don't we all secretly wish we could do that?  When I began reading this book, I wasn't aware of the fact that it would have a sequel, so I was a little disappointed when I got to the end and realized that there was a cliffhanger and another book. The sequel  Being Nikki is already out and Runaway comes out April 20, 2010.  The fact that Meg Cabot has a lot of series novels should have clued me in that this book could also be a series, but sometimes it's just better to be clueless.  I have been recommending this book to lots of high school and middle school girls and have had good response.  I was also the winner of an Airhead shirt on Meg Cabot's website, which I quickly gave to the first girl that read the book, noted in the picture above.





No comments:

Post a Comment